3/7/13

March Goals


February's goals went alright. I did have a little hitch in the caffeine department.  I finally weaned myself fully off caffeinated coffee settling proud into my decaf way of life.  My husband went to pick up a new canister once it was emptied.  He gets home and says, "I was getting you some decaf but first I want you to do me a favor.  Pull out your blue canister and read what it says."  Dark Roast!  I flippin weaned myself to to dark roast.  Argh.

Now for March.  March madness...  Details are vague...  But I think within a few months I will be living in the Midwest or East Coast.  We are selling everything and embracing this new found adventure.  So this month I have a very short but challenging goal list.

Sell Everything
Be Giving
Focus on Compassion
Don't freak out... too much
Photos... no goals there... just going with the flow

maryanne gobble photography

I had another photographer recommend reading The Alchemist.  Best book ever for anyone on a journey.
“I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.” 

Another kind person I met this week told me to watch Ed's Story.  On a notecard I now have an Ed quote written:
"When you are worried about the future it's hard to find God. When your living in the moment he's right there with you"

About that compassion I like Henri Nouwen's take:  "Compassion...is the way to the truth that we are most ourselves, not when we differ from others, but when we are the same"

8 comments:

  1. You are moving??? Where? Come to Minnesota, it's a great place. Anyways, I wish you all the best for the upcoming adventure. Keep us updated. And as always, I love your quotes, and I love Henri Nouwen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet. He got two job offers this week for the airlines. On job would land us in St. Louis. The other job could be one of several places in the Midwest or East Coast. Pilots can commute by air but I'm hoping to live in the same city he is based out of. Anything with low cost of living would be great also. Co-pilots start with poverty level wages... St. Louis looks to be low cost and we have family there... I'll keep everyone posted!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maryanne,
    my name is Gen and i somehow stumbled upon your delightful blog. your photography is so inspiring and i think i just went through most of your blog because i wanted to see more and more of your work. it is beautiful and creative and just so captivating! you and your family are so photogenic! i am excited to see more posts of your amazing photographs!
    thanks for being inspiring,
    Gen

    p.s. i do hope you move close to Indiana, it would be a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gen,
      You totally made my day. Interestingly enough Indiana is one of the states in question that we could move to. And if so you just may find me at your doorstep inquiring about that tea. Loved looking through your blog. Well, part of it. My computer isn't running super fast this afternoon so I'm going back later to read some more!

      Delete
  3. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! i'd have you over for tea all the time! come see me! I'm am rooting for you to move to Indiana! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't freak out... too much"

    Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny Bethany. Hey, there is a small chance I could spend some time in Portland before moving. You will be hearing from me if that's the case. Everything is really up in the air right now.

      Delete