2/9/13

The Creative Life - A Link List


I love lists.  One of my favorite things to read on other blogs are lists.  So here is my most current one.

I've come to the conclusion I must learn book binding.  One search on Pinterest did me in.

Graphite, tape and resin makes some amazing art

Samsara is on my list of films to watch. 

I don't even know where I found this.  But it's some sort of Photoshop tutorial demonstrating how to take photos in tourist destinations minus the people.  It looks so easy!

Greek yogurt ranch dip, crock pot refried beans, and two ingredient cookies (bananas and oats) are my favorite recipe finds this week.  I've tried them all and they go in the keeper file. 

A new life goal is to camp out at at least one fire lookout in my life.  In particular I want to stay at this one which is just up the road from where my mom lives and next to a lake I've wanted to visit for some time now.  The trees, ga!  I need to photograph those white trees.

Today I will be making my first batch of homemade laundry detergent.

And a quote  from the book I'm reading this week: "Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage" - Daring Greatly




8 comments:

  1. Lists make me happy, too!

    I've been making those beans for years and they're so yummy! I also tweak them a bit from the orginal Allrecipes version, but .... oh my. Pure bean yumminess.

    Those cookies intrigue me and I may have to try a batch. I love cookies as much as I love lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany, you should leave the link to your beans and your detergent. I think both have slight variations to the links I posted and may suit some folks more. How much detergent do you use per batch?

      Delete
    2. My version of the beans are in the notes. :)

      http://fortheloveofgrub.blogspot.com/2008/08/refried-beans-without-refry.html

      Confession: I haven't made detergent in close to two years. Life was stressful (the mold, the moves, the hard pregnancy, the newborn, etc.) and I stocked up on detergent during a good sale. I have one or two bottles left, though, then I'm going to give it another try. I'll post the method I used, but I may try something different next time. I'm just not sure what. If I could have it all in one container, but not have to grate or boil anything to make that happen, then I'd be happy. If that's not possible, then I'll stick with this method. :)

      http://thelandofcurlyhair.blogspot.com/2010/01/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

      Delete
    3. Oh, you know what? Maybe I could try your method and just run the soap through the food processor. I just hate the mess of grating it by hand. A lot. :)

      Delete
    4. I'm considering doing the food processor after reading about it in the comment section of the recipe I followed. I just finished my first batch of dark clothes and am pleased to announce they are both clean and lacking in any soap tidbit residue (I used Ivory).

      Delete
    5. Glad your first load was a success! I used Fels Naptha when I made my own, but I know a lot of people use Ivory.

      Delete
  2. This fire lookout tower is near me: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/umpqua/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=63412&actid=101 It says it's been closed for repairs since July...we were there the summer before & camped at the old guard cabin (http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/umpqua/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=63428&actid=101) that's just down the road because the tower is still actively used as a fire lookout during fire season. David really wants to go camping there again now that Paige is a little older (she was only about 7 or 8 months when we went the first time). We should all go camping there together, the cabin is plenty large enough & has multiple sleeping areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, That looks so charming! I had not come across it in my searches yet. Hope to have an idea of where we will be later this year so I can start planning things. Packers Cabin near Brookings would also fit several people. Geez. What else is in Brookings that I never paid any attention to?

      Delete