1/2/13

Moving Forward

Oh my goodness. 2013 has me kicking and screaming already.   Everything is a season and His mercies are new every single freakin kicking and screaming morning.

Goals...  I'm doing monthly goals this year.  Weekly, daily if I have to.

For January 2013

After punching in the faces of my property management I want to move out of my mold infested rental.  "Really?  Assault is illegal?  So is making me live in this health hazard!  Funny you should mention the law, hmm..."

I want to finish reading Quiet.  It's pretty awesome and somewhat funny.  If you are the quiet type that is.

This week I plan on watching the rest of Pina.  It's a German documentary film about the dance choreographer Pina BauschWatch the trailer here.

I want to survive motherhood.  

I want to pray and or meditate more often.  Deliberately.  In the morning.

I want to be more affectionate to my family.

I will focus on this quote by Elenore Roosevelt, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"  I was reading something she wrote about butterflies one day and one flew out of nowhere landing on my book page.  Creepy.

But mostly I just want to punch someone in the face.

IMG_0020IMG_9898IMG_0110RuthAnn005IMG_0096

14 comments:

  1. Tell you what...if you come visit me, I'll let you punch me (maybe not in the face)! Anything to get a visit from you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up! I do need to visit. I'm afraid to drive our cars too far right now though. Josh just got towed over Christmas break and our other car has a leaking transmission. I just keep telling myself, 'this is just a test' :)

      Delete
  2. strikingly beautiful. your work is magnificent, and makes me want to grow, learn, push myself. happy new year and thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year too you! We had a good conversation the other day. If you struggle and wrestle though things is it evident in your art? Like a kung fu essence. Growing and learning, it's practically kung fu in my book.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that punching someone in the face is not only on MY list! Lol You are awesome and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real laughing out loud, not lol, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA high ya! I'm finding the urge to take a punch can be transferred into enthusiastic packing skills. Going to have this place packed and ready to go pronto.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Maryanne, I totally understand the incredible frustration of renting a mold factory. It's soooooo stressful!! Praying you can get out sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about you going through it before me and making it out alive makes me feel better. By the way, your Christmas tree looked incredible next to the huge map in your living room. I drooled over the photos.

      Delete
    2. The map. The tree. The cobalt walls. I loved it!!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you. I like your list. Punching somebody would be great. I watched to movie Pina. It's incredible, and inspiring. How do you think you can survive motherhood? I am trying really hard as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next Christmas I'll start giving punching bags to all the women I know! One of my favorite things about Pina so far is the age of many of the dancers. It makes me so happy to see they are still doing what they love. Dance is so enchanting to watch. It's a complete mystery to me.

      My mom, she raised 3 boys and I. Somewhere in-between she had another boy who died an infant. She was also single and broke for most of our childhood. Her one piece of advice to me to make it through motherhood is PRAY. We joke that she prays so much for her grandkids now that we parents get lazy about it. Probably true. Her other advice... don't feel guilty if you have to just stick in a movie for your kids while you regain your sanity. So true!

      Delete
  6. Im kinda creeped out. I brought 'quiet' today after it caught my eye in a £1 bargin box. All today coincidences have followed me. You are an artist I truely admire for her integrity so whatever that coincidence was ment for, I am glad I visted your blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well with a coincidence like that I hope the book speaks to you! Thanks for stopping through, it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  7. What can I say? I simply grinned from ear to ear while reading this. Hope you get relocated to a better place very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete