7/26/12

Double Exposure Photoshop Tutorial

Oh my goodness I am so happy to have discovered a way to mimic double exposures in Photoshop! I've tried unsuccessfully for some time now and should have really done an internet search sooner.   My first time to use the 'apply image' option.  So here we go.

maryanne-gobble-photography
double-exposure-tutorial

Open your first image in Photoshop. Open the image you want to apply over it and do a simple drag and drop. Or cut and paste. Whatever floats your boat. Just make sure one is on top of the other.  Also, both images should be the same size.

Make a layer mask on the top layer. Select it. Make sure it's filled with white. Like so.

Now go to the top menu bar and from the 'image' drop down menu choose 'apply image'.  Double check to make sure it's on basic settings as pictured below.  Blending mode 'normal' and opacity 100%


Click OK and you're done.  I just tweaked the color in mine because the green was overwhelming me. So super duper simple!  I saved mine as an action to speed up the process in the future.


You will often get a different effect depending which of the two images is on top.  So play around with it a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you so much for sharing...I've given it a try although I'm not sure I have the perfect images for it yet! :~) Aimee Eisaman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Sharing, such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tutorial sobat... Sering sering posting ya tutorial yang bagus ya ;)
    Kunjungan balik ya gan ;)
    Bamudar - Tutorial Photoshop dan CorelDraw
    Bamudar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, I was wondering if the picture on the left of the man was an original of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I took it of my husband at House Rock Viewpoint trail near Brookings, OR. It's a rather eery forest entrance in real life.

      Delete