4/30/12

Everyday Moments

It's hard for me to get into taking snapshots.  My self appointed challenge of the day was to photography everyday moments with my sons from morning until evening.  It really made me appreciate the little things in life.  It helped that it was a warm breezy weekend day.

This is the first time we’ve rented a house instead of an apartment.  Thrilled to wake up to a yard full of ivy, roses, and butterflies.Rose Bush Shadow on Skin Fine Art PhotographyOkay, so this shot was a set up.  I wanted one shot of myself with the boys on such a wonderful day.  They love to snuggle.Family Self Portrait PhotographyCorban is already very aware of the different qualities of light.  He has pointed out how the light shines on the couch more than once.  He also spent part of his afternoon learning Photoshop and how to take screen shots.Black and White Kid PhotoThe white rug is an oasis in the sea of brown renters carpet.  Candid Kid Photo a HomeWe didn't let the pigeon drive the bus Don't Let the Duck Drive the BusClimbing the walls first thing in the morning.  Oh my!Shadow Kid PhotoSkate park!Redding, CA Skate Park Scooter PhotoRedding, CA Park Photo, Kids PlayingCan you believe it was 85 degrees in April?  I‘m beginning to love Spring here.  Out comes the hose!Spraying Hose Water Portrait in Black and WhiteSpraying Hose and playing kids portraitWe found this broken bird egg in our yard and Vincent added it to the nest he found me earlier in the year.Broken Bird Egg and NestWe went to the store for chocolate and came home with strawberry plants instead.Planting Stawberries with Kids PhotoIt’s true.  You really should stop and smell the roses.  These ones smell lovely.Fine Art Natural Rose Shadow Portrait with BoyThe boys wanted to eat dinner in the front yard after our elderly neighbor informed them she loves to watch out her front window as they play across the street.  Later I peeked outside and saw them sort of spaced out and smiling towards her window in case she was watching!  We had ice cream at her house earlier but I left my camera at home.Boys PicnicDinner outdoors, always a treat.Boys PicnicIt was a new recipe for us.  The boys loved the corn dumplings and pumpkin seeds!Corn Dumblings and Chili

3 comments: