3/5/12

The Giving Tree

"I wish that I could give you something....
but I have nothing left.
I am just an old stump.
I am sorry...."
"I don't need very much now," said the boy.
"just a quiet place to sit and rest.
I am very tired."
"Well," said the tree, straightening
herself up as much as she could,
"well, an old stump is good for sitting and resting
Come, Boy, sit down. Sit down and rest."
And the boy did.
And the tree was happy.

Above excerpt from The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

The Giving Tree Fine Art Male Nude Stump Tree Black and White NatureFine Art Male Nude Stump Tree Black and White Nature

We set out to photograph near a waterfall and ferns but the road was shut down. Next we went for a stump I had found last month but a park ranger was parked overlooking it. Finally we wandered down the lake shore and found "The Giving Tree" sitting under the noonday sun. It was warm, peaceful, yet cut short when we heard hikers approaching in the distance. Was happy to get a few shots in after all the location scouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment